Your email has been successfully added to our mailing list.

×
0.000991189427312813 0.000991189427312813 0.000991189427312813 0.000991189427312813 0.00132158590308375 0.00110132158590318 0.00110132158590318 0.00110132158590318
Stock impact report

Did Comcast Just Overpay for Sky? [The Motley Fool]

Sky Plc American Depositary Realty (SKYAY)  More Company Research Source: The Motley Fool
NASDAQ:AMEX Investor Relations: skygroup.sky/corporate/investors/shareholder-centre
PDF While the cable giant adds one to the win column, is it shareholders who will ultimately lose? One of the last remaining clashes involving  Twenty-First Century Fox ( NASDAQ:FOXA ) ( NASDAQ:FOX ) and Comcast ( NASDAQ:CMCSA ) was decided this weekend. Regulators in the United Kingdom presided over a rare auction to decide the fate of European cable operator Sky PLC ( NASDAQOTH:SKYAY ) . Comcast submitted a winning bid of 17.28 British pounds per share, or about $22.74 at current exchange rates, to acquire the available 61% of European cable operator Sky PLC ( NASDAQOTH:SKYAY ) . This topped the 15.67 pounds per share, or roughly $20.62, offered by Fox and its soon-to-be corporate owner ,  Disney ( NYSE:DIS ) . Fox already owns the other 39% and was hoping to gain control of the remainder. The winning bid was valued at about $38.8 billion, leading some to speculate that Comcast paid far too much for the company. Image source: Get [Read more]
Impact snapshot Event time: SKYAY
Last Price
Price Change
Price Change %
Volume Shares
Max Up
Max Down
Volume Ratio
%
Performance comparison Updated
Event Day
Stock performance from the time of news release until the following 4pm ET market close
Last price at news event
Since Event
Multi-day stock performance from the time of the news release
EVENT DAY
Stock performance from the time of news release until the following 4pm ET market close
LAST
PRICE AT
NEWS EVENT
SINCE EVENT
Multi-day stock performance from the time of the news release
Last price
VWAP
High:
Max up
High:
Low:
Max down
Low:
%
Post news range
%
Price change

Price Change Percentage


S&P 500
(SPX)

%

Volume ratio
%

Volume
Ticks

Avg transaction size

Opt-in for
SKYAY alerts
from News Quantified
Opt-in for
SKYAY alerts

from News Quantified
Opt-in for
SKYAY alerts

from News Quantified